Development program for Teacher Coordinators & Deputy Heads
Facing the new challenges, a further step in your career brings enthusiasm, mobilization and optimism. We’ve all experienced at least once the excitement of a new stage in our careers. But not seldom, the beginnings also implie finding gaps of theoretical and practical training in the field, or even fear and uncertainty generated by the lack of experience.
But those who want professional performance know they have to look for the most effective solutions, as soon as possible, in order to bridge the gap, and to develop skills, before getting overwhelmed by the new role. Knowing very well the responsibilities of a manager, whether in its infancy or at the mature stage of his career, I decided to initiate this program, in order to provide a first set of theoretical and practical solutions to those who need it most: the beginners.
I get involved with all my heart in this project, as I know that those targeted are in charge of the management of the institutions meant to form the future personalities of the society in which my children will live and work.
I thank my partners from Acorns Training Centre (www.acorns.ro), for facilitating the implementation of the pilot-project in Bucharest – January 30-31, 2014.
Covering the main skills and competencies a junior or middle manager needs:
- Driving performance;
- Developing staff strategies and processes;
- Driving an innovative and customer/parents service culture;
- Delegating properly;
- Motivating staff with nonfinancial tools;
- Financial for nonfinancial managers;
- Managing conflicts;
- Managing efficiently a team by delivering strong messages during meetings or presentations;
- Fundraising and organizing events;
- Partnering with parents.
- 2 full training days
- After 2 months, a follow-up training program will be organized in order to check the implementation status, the next phase development and the action plan.
Note: As an option, the customer can choose a Basic Program, selecting 5 areas of interest from the list mentioned previously and this can be held during one full working day.
- First time as a Manager – 2 days training, 200 EUR/participant + VAT. Costs regarding training facilities, facilitator transportation or accommodation will be supported by Client. One session can accommodate max. 25 participants. For more than 3 participants from the same educational unit a 5% discount will be applied.
- Basic Management Training – 1 day training, 150 EUR/participant + VAT. Costs regarding training facilities, facilitator transportation or accommodation will be supported by Client. One session can accommodate max. 25 participants. For more than 3 participants from the same educational unit a 5% discount will be applied.
- Follow-up session costs will be set as soon as the scheduled sessions will be agreed with the Head of School.
1. Driving performance:
- Understanding strategy and importance of timely and high quality execution;
- Setting & Monitoring performance objectives;
- Feedback & Evaluation process;
- Process monitoring and improvement.
2. Staff development strategies and processes:
- Coaching process;
- About Mentoring;
- Identifying staff training needs and preparing development programs.
3. Driving an innovative culture, service & customer oriented:
- Why consistency of service is important?
- How to stimulate staff innovation.
- How to be proactive in relations with customers/parents.
4. How to manage efficiently a team by delivering strong messages during meetings or presentations:
- Presentation skills;
- Public speaking tips and tricks;
5. How to delegate properly:
- About delegating properly;
- Consequences of not delegating properly or not delegating at all;
6. How to motivate staff with nonfinancial tools:
- Identify motivational needs – tips and tricks;
- Motivational plan for staff;
- More info about nonfinancial motivational tools;
7. Financial for nonfinancial managers:
- Understanding basic financial terms and school reports;
8. Managing conflicts:
- Managing intercultural diversity;
- Proactivity in managing conflicts, escalating prevention;
- 3 useful steps in managing a conflict;
9. Fundraising and events organizing
- How to organize a smart event taking into consideration business objectives and parents/children needs;
- Fundraising: tips and tricks;
10. Partnering with parents: workshop.